- AC: 12 (15 With Mage Armor)
- Alignment: Any Alignment
- CHA: 11
- CON: 11
- Challenge Rating: 6
- DEX: 14
- HP: 40 (9d8)
- INT: 17
- Languages: Any Four Languages
- Passive Perception: 11
- Roll 0: 1d20 + 5 1d4+2
- STR: 9
- Saving Throws: Int +6, Wis +4
- Size: Medium
- Skills: Arcana +6, History +6
- Speed: 30 ft.
- Spell Book: Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, Misty Step, Suggestion, Counterspell, Fireball, Fly, Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Cone Of Cold
- Type: humanoid (any race)
- WIS: 12
Mages spend their lives in the study and practice of magic. Good-aligned mages offer counsel to nobles and others in power, while evil mages dwell in isolated sites to perform unspeakable experiments without interference.
Spellcasting: The mage is a 9th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 14, +6 to hit with spell attacks). The mage has the following wizard spells prepared:
• Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, light, mage hand, prestidigitation
• 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, mage armor, magic missile, shield
• 2nd level (3 slots): misty step, suggestion
• 3rd level (3 slots): counterspell, fireball, fly
• 4th level (3 slots): greater invisibility, ice storm
• 5th level (1 slot): cone of cold
Dagger: Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
The SendingStone review
The Mage is a versatile and engaging option for players looking to add magic to their gameplay. With a reasonable Armor Class and solid hit points, it can hold its own in battle, while its high Intelligence and wide range of language skills make it a valuable asset in diplomatic encounters. However, its low Charisma and Constitution scores may hinder its effectiveness in certain situations. Overall, the Mage offers a balanced combination of combat and non-combat abilities that can make it a valuable addition to any party.
Mage is D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) 5th edition content, but other TTRPGs may have their own version such as a Mage Pathfinder edition. Want to use Mage in a VTT (virtual tabletop)? Try out SendingStone for free today!